Sunday, September 17, 2006

Much Thanks

I would like to extend my thanks to my twin brother Robert and his co-worker Jacob for setting up this blog site for me. I have been given a number of wonderful suggestions on how to post my photos from a number of you who are reading this. However, by the end of a school day, here in China, I have very little time to think about anything other than food and sleep.
I appreciate all the support I have been given during this first month and a half of living in China, and while I still worry about the financial aspect of things, I know He has a plan. Some days I believe I can actually see it happening before my very eyes. I cherish these days, because they feel easier and shorter. So I have to try to remember them for fear that the longer harder days might overwhelm me. So thank you very much for keeping me in your thoughts and bringing me before the King, and for the financial support that is sustaining this endeavor.
Now enjoy some pictures!
The first shot is of my humble transportation, the "Super Magic" bicycle. I bent the left crank the first day I owned it and lost the left pedal two days later. But it gets me to and from school, among other places.
The next two shots show the "Golden Archway". These traditional Chinese arches mark the nothern end of the Burma Road in downtown Kunming. My great-uncle, a Flying Tiger, flew raids to protect this road from Japanese control during WWII.

There is a picture of the entrance to our school. Everything here seems safe. There is a gated entryway to nearly everything. Our school is no different. We have two guards that patrol the grounds throughout the day. They are also involved in maintenance of not only the school facilities but also some of the items in staff housing.
Lastly, there is a view from the terrace of my apartment. I live on the seventh floor. However, while the picture does not show much traffic, it is quite loud, none-the-less.
I will be posting more pictures, and as I become more comfortable with the whole blog thing, the format will hopefully get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home